Whether you’ve created your own backyard oasis of beauty or you simply want to better enjoy the spectacular beauty of your natural surroundings, finding a way to comfortably enjoy the outdoors, no matter what the weather is doing, only makes perfect sense. One of the best ways to bring nature into daily focus is to add a sunroom to your home. Here are 10 “Beauty” reasons why a sunroom has added value and appeal:
- Sunrooms allow you to enjoy the serenity, energy, and beauty of nature 365 days a year no matter what climate you live in.
- Sunrooms bring in a pleasing outdoor living space, all year round, while keeping the icy blasts, pouring rain, blistering heat and bugs, outside.
- Sunrooms fill your home with natural light, which enhances the physical and emotional well-being of people. Through long, grey winters, four-season sunrooms can effectively offset several symptoms of SAD. Increasing our exposure to light during the colder months can help stabilize our moods and increase energy.
- Sunrooms act as a veil between the outdoors and indoors, making them perfect hosts to all sorts of greenery and foliage. The natural sunlight filtering through the windows coupled with access to your home’s heating and air conditioning creates optimal growing conditions for most plants year-round.
- Sunroom additions draw a crowd: folks are naturally drawn to the open, airiness and light of a sunroom whether it’s to read, drink morning coffee, chat with friends, or even star gaze at night. Sunrooms often replace the kitchen, as the most popular space in the house.
- Sunrooms make the best home-offices. A desk, chair, and a Wi-Fi connection and you’re telecommuting in a truly motivational space. Imagine how much more productive your work day could be, surrounded by the beauty and richness of nature. More awe and wonder and way less stress.
- Sunrooms can easily become a relaxing spa retreat. Many folks add hot or cool water massage tubs to their four-season rooms. Often you’ll find sauna rooms and massage chairs. These rooms offer excellent ambience for meditation and yoga and have even been described as the “spiritual centre” of the home.
- Sunrooms with glass-encased ceilings provide an endless source of entertainment with an extraordinary view of the starry night sky. Budding astronomer or sleep-over party, a star filled sky time beats screen-time hands down and offers a chance for the family to reconnect.
- Sunrooms can be installed for you, or customized and purchased in a kit for the experienced DIYer. So, whether you choose to have it installed by the pros or make it a summer project, your renovation experience will give you lots to think about.
- Sunrooms are much more energy efficient now. Using ENERGY STAR qualified windows, retractable external awnings, tinting the glass, connecting to your home’s HVAC system, adding a ceiling fan, and ensuring all covered areas of the room are well insulated, you truly can control heat and cold in your new room.
Whatever your reason, adding a sunroom to your home will not only increase your living space, it will also increase the appeal and value of your home.