Position: Purchasing Administrator
Location: Collingwood, Ontario. Van Dolder’s Custom Exteriors is a Canadian, family-owned business that has operated in Southern Ontario for over 50 years. We offer high quality exterior home products such as windows, doors, siding and more through our network of trusted suppliers. All our products can be installed by one of our expert craftsmen who specialize in their installation field. We have proudly served customers all over Grey-Bruce-Simcoe, counties
About the Position: As a key member of The Home Team, the Purchasing position is a key function in support of our sales and installation departments. The Purchasing role is to maintain strong relationships with our preferred suppliers and to procure and expedite required items as the key to the company’s success and growth.
This position will include the following responsibilities:
· Working with our Approved Suppliers ensuring their performance based on key indicators of cost, quality and on time delivery.
· Work closely with the Sales Department to procure what is needed on a timely basis.
· Ensure that Purchase Order accuracy and that Supplier’s products and/or services will meet specified requirements and the established targets.
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with best-in-class, dependable Suppliers.
· Monitor, analyze and report on Purchase Price variances on a monthly basis.
Process purchase orders based on the demands of the business.
· Monitor & improve EOQs and inventory performance.
About You: The successful candidate will ideally have the following education and experience
· Related post-secondary education (i.e. College Diploma in Business Administration or Materials Management)
· Experience and knowledge of purchasing consumer goods
· 3-5 years of purchasing experience, preferably in consumer goods or related industry.
· 3-5 years’ experience with MRP/ERP (SAP, Oracle, AX and others)
· Proven organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
· Problem-solving and analytical skills leading to business problem resolution is essential.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and employees at all levels (both oral and written)
· Continuous Improvement, i.e. providing suggestions leading to cost reduction and / or containment, increased efficiency, increase communication
· Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
This position has a salary range between $50,000 – $60,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications with opportunity for growth. After 3 months you are eligible to enrol in the employee benefits package.
We thank all that have applied and will contact those we wish to interview.