We understand making significant changes to your home’s exterior can seem like a daunting task, but we’ve come up with a solution to make the process easy, fun and informative. Seeing is believing, and we invite you to come see the quality and craftsmanship for yourself in our village-style showrooms.
Our showrooms are set up with small-scale homes outfitted in preferred products allowing you to get up close and see every product in action— like this contemporary sloped-roof home.
Building off the contemporary architecture, we selected exterior products that aligned with the Scandinavian-inspired design. Monochromatic hues were chosen for the siding, windows and doors to create a cohesive exterior and allow the different textures and small details to shine through. And much like real-life contemporary homes, natural light was maximized in this showroom home using floor-to-ceiling windows and a large sliding patio door. The small deck out front was covered in light grey aluminum decking and a glass railing system to provide a little bit of contrast without straying too far from the overall goal. The result is a contemporary home that reflects today’s modern design trends. Explore all of the products and materials used in this home below.
Mastergrain Contemporary Entry Door
- Cherry Stainless Inlay – Fiberglass composite construction insulated with high density, CFC-free, polyurethane foam for efficiency, noise abatement and to diminish energy loss and sound leakage
- Offering clean, clear lines in a desirable modern door
- A wide selection of engraved or stainless inlay is available
Be On Stone Siding
- Adds the strength and elegance of stonework to your home.
- Natural hand-hewn stone easily installs on most walls.
- Available in a variety of styles and colours.
Gentek Distinction Siding
- The look of real wood with a great selection of nuanced and matte colours available.
- Coated with rust-resistant paint that provides long-term durability.
- Maintenance-free, 26-gauge high strength steel with a 40-year limited warranty.
- Can be installed horizontally or vertically.
Mastergrain Stacking Patio Door
- These patio doors offer a larger opening than a classic patio door – up to 23 feet wide and 8 feet tall.
- Can stack up to 3 panels on each side without taking up additional wall space.
- Customizable colours let you match it to your décor.
Van Dolder’s Aluminum Decking
- Disperses heat and has a grooved wood texture, so it’s comfortable to walk on all year. Corrosion-free, will not crack or warp and is easy to maintain. Requires no staining, painting or finishing to keep its beauty and durability.
- Decking can be installed over any base or existing deck.
- Water-resistant and ideal for second-level decks, as it protects lower levels from the elements.
- Available in a selection of wood textures and colours.
Van Dolder’s Railing
- Van Dolder’s complete aluminum railings don’t need to be stained, treated, painted or finished to maintain their beauty and durability.
- Non-corrosive and will not warp, crack, or fade.
- All glass systems with no aluminum posts are also available.
Tilt Architectural Window
- Structural glass curtain wall façade systems offer great creative freedom and allow ample natural light in.
- Emphasis on minimal design and aesthetics.
- Limitless combinations of vertical and inclined planes.
- Wide range of architectural paint colours or custom colours available.
Gentek Sagiper Soffit
- Highly durable vinyl that is resistant to humidity and temperature variations, even in the most adverse weather conditions
- Maintenance-free with a 50 year (15 year non-prorated) warranty
- Impervious to water/moulds and impenetrable to insects
- Available in a variety of wood tones and metallic finishes
Visit the Van Dolder’s Custom Exteriors village-style showrooms to experience home improvement options in a real-world setting. It’s where 50+ years of experience crafting custom home exteriors shines through to inspire and inform. The Home Team is happy to guide you through the showroom to ensure all of your questions and concerns are answered. Without a doubt, you’ll leave with renewed creativity and confidence for planning your renovation or construction.
For more information on any of the products in this article, contact a member of The Home Team today or tour the showroom and ask questions as you go. Let our expertise make your project simple to plan, easy to construct and enjoyable for years to come.